Image Map

Friday, August 1, 2014

A Teacher Tip: BTS

August has just ripped around the corner and now we are officially in Back to School mode. Okay stop screaming "NO" and just sit back and enjoy a little tip to ease you back into the classroom when you can no longer hold off.
This is an easy project that I love since it is super cheap and requires just a few materials. My room is going to be designed with a Pete the Cat theme so I am using primary colors and sticking mostly to blue (hello), red, and yellow with a green accent. 
Recently I decided to check out IKEA for containers and any inexpensive materials I might be able to pick up for my classroom. I started wandering around but nothing caught my eye until I saw these picture frames. They were in the exact colors of my classroom but I wasn't sure how to make use of them. They were only a dollar and so cute.

I put them in my cart and decided to take them home in the hopes that something would hit me by the time I set up my classroom. I loved the bright colors and the stand that you screwed in at the bottom so they could stand easily. First I thought I could label various parts of the room with these, put directions on them.... My mind was spinning. I tossed more of them in my cart as my brain was spinning. Don't judge. It's a process for me. Hey I was just excited that they were in my color palette.


Then it hit me. I could make table numbers to guide my students around the room. I liked this idea since it would create more organization for my little guys. So I built a very simple temple and popped a number in each frame that my friend Pete is holding. This frame is clear on both sides so I put the image in the front and back which makes it idea for viewing. I think the kids will love having these and I can direct them to various parts of our room



Here is a final picture of these once I finished them. They took no time at all to put together and I think the results are adorable. I still have a lot of other frames and need to consider using them in other parts of the room. I can label the class library, stations, etc. The sky is the limit. What's your idea? Leave a comment and let me know!




10 comments:

Susan Renfer said...

Those are adorable! You are so creative. I would love to see your Pete classroom when you are done!

Unknown said...

These are just too cute! I am going to IKEA online right this minute! Would you share your Pete frame template?

Angie Hightower said...

Love it! I have been looking for something like that. Would you share the template?

Anonymous said...

Yes, please share your template, and would you be willing to add a "Table 5" and a "Teacher Table" sign? Pretty please?

Isabel Z said...

You are SO creative. I too would love to see your room when you are finished creating and if you share the template, I would be thrilled. I also would love to be a student in your room--such a happy inviting environment where great learning goes on.

barbkibler said...

I am doing Pete The Cat too and would LOVE the template-:)

Fran Kramer said...

I love you guys but I am not sure the artist will let me because of all the copyright issues. Sorry. Love me anyway... I will check!

Anonymous said...

I love these AND I am going to IKEA in two weeks. I know what to look for!

Terri Izatt
KinderKapers

Traci Clausen said...

Gah! So smart and BRIGHT! I'm pretty much obsessed!

crazymom said...

I love Pete and these signs are so look cute! What a great idea!