Image Map

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Help! I Need Some Common Core Fun On the Run!


For most schools kindergarten is coming to a close for the year. It is really hard to keep the kids engaged in learning with the summer months looming. Everyone has their version of a memory book but I love this one because it builds on their Common Core learning and is a student reader! It can be done fairly independently based on the skills of your class. You might find certain pages require more explanation.






Run off a copy of this for each child in your class. I like to use a strip on the left side (folded over) or a fancy piece of scrapbooking paper. This makes it look a little fancier. You do not need any colored ink for this little number and it takes very little time to put together.
What else can you use this for?
1. This is an excellent assessment tool to take into your Board of Review for a student who is struggling.
It provides many work samples that are well aligned to the standards.
2. It is perfect for Open House and parents really enjoy seeing all the work students are capable of by the end of the school year.
3. It is an emergent reader that students will feel successful using.
This is one of my most popular products and it's my favorite. Why? It celebrates the growth and learning of a kindergarten student over an entire year. A certificate is provided in the back (in color) if you choose to use it.
Teachers can write a special note to each child about their year together. I have done this for years and parents often come back to tell me how much they have treasured that note. Interested? I hope so. Grab it here for just five dollars!
Stay cool and enjoy your last days with your class.
Happy Summer!








3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this! Went right to TPT and purchased, but the certificate at the end says "2012-2013". Is there a new certificate that can be downloaded? Thank you!

Fran Kramer said...

You bet. I just updated the file and the date on the award has been fixed. I hope you love this product!
Fran

Unknown said...

thanks For sharing such a nice post.
me too going to purchase this..
thanks again.

http://www.klaschools.com/programs_kinder.html